10 November, 2017; Tokyo, Japan:
Tokyo Convention & Visitors Bureau (TCVB) is excited to announce the launch of a brand new booklet,
Tokyo: More Ideas for Meetings & Incentives.
Enormous in scale, Tokyo offers countless rare and exciting learning opportunities, making it the most rewarding destination for effective and inspiring team building. This user-friendly, specialist booklet helps planners to visualize some of the possibilities Tokyo has to offer across five categories:
- CSR – Tokyo Style is designed to provide meeting planners with examples of a program of Tokyo experiences based around three key themes; connect, learn and contribute. Taking part in traditional activities with the locals such as carrying portable shrines “omikoshi” during local festivals, sprinkling the streets with water to cool the city and other initiatives important to Tokyo society, help participants to experience Tokyo’s culture while making a valid contribution to the community.
- Savor a Unique Culture allows participants to experience Japanese culture though activities such as pruning bonsai trees with a world-famous expert, or team building by sharing Japanese food, a UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage, as a group in the traditional Japanese manner.
- Team up in Tokyo details exclusive experiences designed to raise team spirit, including unusual challenges such as participating in original yoga in a Tokyo temple, or enjoying cooking class with the ingredients bought at the famous Tsukiji market.
- City of Enterprise showcases the rare opportunity to visit companies famous for innovation and learn about Tokyo's strength in business first hand.
- Tokyo Technology describes the unique chance to see the cutting-edge technology behind professional sport in Tokyo, examples of innovative concepts and world class expertise relating to business.
Regarding the release of this booklet, Hironobu Fujimura, Director of Sales in the TCVB Business Events team, commented, “increasingly, incentive groups visit Tokyo in order to gain ‘insight’ which they can then apply to their own companies. When we were preparing this brochure we focused on the topics which our Bureau had the most inquiries about. Always keeping in mind our concept of Exceptional Quality - Expanding Possibilities, we are confident that there are many opportunities to deepen one’s knowledge while visiting Tokyo because Japan’s capital is a unique fusion of tradition and modernity.”
Tokyo: More Ideas for Meetings & Incentives is published only in English.
The Flicker Book is also available on the TCVB Website
About the Business Events Team at the Tokyo Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Business Events Team at the Tokyo Convention & Visitors Bureau serves as a one-stop shop to assist meeting and event planners and organizers to bid for international business events in Tokyo, and also promotes Tokyo as a destination for such meetings. For more information, please visit businesseventstokyo.org
Contact: Business Events Team
Tokyo Convention & Visitors Bureau